Pages

Popular Now

Thursday, September 26, 2013

5 Great Things About This Month


   1.  Battle of the Year is a new movie, now showing, about an international dance crew tournament that attracts the best teams from around the world.   America’s team hasn’t won in fifteen years and hopes that the Los Angeles Hip Hop team will bring home the trophy.  This movie sounds awesome because I can relate to this atmosphere when I compete at local competitions. 


   2.  Fall is one of my favorite seasons mainly because of all the leaves changing colors.  I love to drive up to the mountains and see all the trees vary from reds to oranges to yellows and some are even still green.  Another great thing about fall is the weather, the way it gets colder and the humidity drops.  The air feels lighter and you can breathe. 

   3.  Fall Foods I love fall foods all the pumpkin flavored cookies, pies, lattes, etc.  are great.  My all time favorite are the pumpkin cookies.  They are these small round sugar cookies with pumpkin frosting they are exquisite.  You can probably find them at any grocery store but I get mine from Kroger. 

 


   

   4. Getting Ready For Laptops You can feel the excitement in the air.  When you hear Mr. Berry come on the intercom everyone stops to listen for any details about the laptops.  I know some people are not as excited as others but this is a huge thing for South-Doyle.  I just hope that everybody uses and takes care of theirs properly so that we can hopefully keep this grant going and hope that more schools get it in the future.
 5. Football We know most everyone is a football fan, if it’s not high school football then it is probably college football that you like better.  I prefer high school football because I know most of the team and I know all my friends will be there to share the spirit with.  We have a strong team this year, at 3-1.  Our football team has come a long way and I am glad that I got to see the transformation, with every new year became a stronger football team and that, to think back on, is pretty cool to know that you have seen them at all there different levels.  But my favorite part of our football games is how Mr. Berry brought together our Cherokee Nation and the fact that we have a Pep Bus, I do not think I have heard of any other school that has one.  
 







~Alex Warner~
(shmalex_warner)

No comments:

Post a Comment