Pages

Popular Now

Friday, September 20, 2013

5 of My Favorite Flowers and Their Meanings


1.     Sunflower-
These are my absolute favorite flowers. They are so bright and beautiful, and they depict the sun. I plant these in my yard every spring so I can watch them grow. These flowers are festive to plant in yards for festive and fun decoration, and they are fun to look at because they are so big and bright. The sunflower’s meaning is adoration, which fits perfectly. The flowers always turn towards the sun, almost as if they are adoring its brightness.


2.     Lily of the Valley-
Lilies of the valley are so gorgeous. They look like tiny bells, and they smell great. These always grow in my back yard, and they are one of mine and my mom’s favorite flowers. These are pretty decoration for centerpieces at weddings or other events. They are a nice air freshener, and they are fun to look at. I can remember when I was little thinking the flowers would actually “ring” like bells, and trying so hard to get them to. The meanings behind the lily of the valley are happiness, luck, and humility.


3.     Iris-
Irises look so complex, but they are simply beautiful. Their fun lavender petals and yellow and white insides make for a colorful and fun flower. These grow in my front yard, and I can see them every time I go outside my house. These were my grandmother’s favorite flowers, and when I see them they are a pleasant reminder of her. These flowers are good to plant to brighten a place up.  They also smell good and they are fun to look at. The iris’s meaning is inspiration, and I believe that is why my grandmother loved them so much.


4.     Tiger Lily-
I love the color of tiger lilies. They are orange, so they fit well in Tennessee. These flowers are fun because of their unique colors, and they smell great. I can remember a shirt that my mom would always wear when I was little that had tiger lilies on it. Ever since then I have loved these flowers and thought they were beautiful. The tiger lily’s meaning is wealth and pride.


5.     Daffodil-
Daffodils are bright and fun. Their yellow color can brighten up any yard, and they make great decorations. I love the way the inside looks like you could pour something in it and drink out of it like a cup. I can remember these always growing in my grandmother’s yard, and I would pick some and bring them inside for her to enjoy. Daffodils bloom in early spring, which is why they symbolize new beginnings.    
                                                                                                                                        
Ashlee Holtzclaw
@acoleslaw98

No comments:

Post a Comment