Caroline Dyer Reporter 9-4-14
For the third year in a row, South Doyle High School will be implementing Tribe time into our schedule. This has proved to be a noteworthy adjustment in the past years and the staff has high hopes for it this year as well.
“I like how it breaks the day up,” says teacher, Ms. Latimer.
Students attending South Doyle are also excited about the new schedule.
“I like the fact that we get time that’s needed on stressful days,” says sophomore Chloe Rummel. Tribe time will allow students to have a certain amount of allotted time dedicated to sociability. This time can also be used for study hall and to complete assignments.
“I like the fact that we have time to finish up work during the school day instead of cramming our homework in after our homework in after our extra curricular activities,” says Sophomore, Alex Warner.
There is additional time reserved for advisory, which will be held in a different class each day of the week. During advisory, the focus will be on goal setting and on obtaining these goals. This allows students to make a plan and give them the opportunity to work toward accomplishing it.
“I like the fact that we will be able to provide help to other students who need it in that subject,” says senior, Demicah Abernathy
Pages
Popular Now
-
Dear Lauren, Should I graduate early next year? Sincerely, ...
-
Dear Lucy, My prom is coming up soon and we're kind of tight on money right now. My dress wasn't...
-
On Tuesday, April 29 th , NBA Commissioner Adam Silver held a conference concerning the recent release of a tape recordin...
-
The nominations for the 56 th Grammy Awards were released last week. I must say the competition is stiff this year with each categ...
-
The very trees seemed to try and impede my progress, their roots climbing up to trip me, and their branches striking out at my ...
-
As the school year ends, the school-issued Mac Books have to be turned in for the summer months. Weather you’re graduating or retur...
-
If you like to look cute, but yet want to be comfortable I understand completely, because I feel the same way. The foll...
-
Dear Lauren, I find myself laughing at inappropriate times in class. How do I grow up? ...
-
Dear Lucy, I get my wisdom teeth out tomorrow and I’m really scared because I’ve never had any kind of su...
-
The temperature is rising and so are the rates of dehydration. With this going on, people should stay hydrated and drink ...
No comments:
Post a Comment