Pages

Popular Now

Friday, January 17, 2014

Weird McDonald Stories


This past summer, I began working for the biggest fast food chain in the world, McDonalds. My uncle has spent over 20 years working for McDonalds, and has already accumulated many different wacky stories. In the short time that I have spent at McDonalds, I have already seen several different instances that were bizarre.
One morning, I was working on front counter (taking orders) and it was slow. I clocked in at 7:00 A.M. and our regulars were the only people in line at the register. I took their orders, assembled them and served the food. I waited about 10 minutes to see if more customers were going to come inside. Another five minutes went by, and nothing. Since it was slow, I decided to use the restroom since I probably would not have time to later.
I walked into the restroom and no one was in there. I was glad at the sight, knowing how awkward people can be while using a public bathroom. I walked into the stall, checked the toilet seat for cleanliness and then checked the inside of the toilet. I always here about how much people do not like McDonalds food, but this took the hate of McDonalds food to a whole new level.
I walked out of the bathroom and went to one of my friends who was working. It was hard to hold back my laughter, but I eventually spit out what I was trying to say.
“Cody, there is a biscuit in the toilet. Someone bought a biscuit, unwrapped it, and put it in the toilet.”
He did not believe me at first, so I led him into the bathroom. We walked into the stall and he started to laugh. He pulled out his phone and took a picture of it, as he could not resist the chance at hand. He told me to follow him, and we made our way to the back of the store to our biscuit maker.
“Hey Dot, look at what people think of your biscuits!”
She did not think it was funny.
Another weird experience I had was when I was working in drive-thru presenting the food to the customers. It was slow again, but I did not mind after a long day at school. It was around the middle of November, and Tennessee’s bi-polar weather caused a 80 degree day in the middle of winter. A car that came through the drive-thru took advantage of this hot day.
“Welcome to McDonalds! May I take your order?”
It was hard to hear since the passengers in the car were yelling and laughing a lot. I barely heard what he actually said.
“Yes, I would like a vanilla cone.”
“Will that be all for you today sir?”
“Alrighty that will be 1.10$ at the first window.”
One of the other employees working with me made the cone, and handed it to me just in time as the car pulled up. I looked through the window into the car and saw several guys who looked like they were in high school.
“Hello! Here is your cone sir!”
I closed the window and thought nothing of it. I turned around and saw one of the people I was working with laughing. Confused, I turned around to see the driver of the car with the cone smashed onto his forehead. I opened the window and he looked at me and yelled, “The unicorn rises!”
Needless to say, every time and order pops up with a cone in it, I always think back to the rising unicorn that came through our drive-thru.


No comments:

Post a Comment