Pages

Popular Now

Friday, January 17, 2014


Yoga:
Many people think Yoga is some kind of easy workout that helps them meditate off the ground. This myth is partly true. Yoga does help you meditate but not to the point you float off the floor into the air. Many myths have been made up about Yoga, when really it is simply a workout that helps you control your breathing, find a peaceful place within yourself and adopt bodily postures that are used for health and relaxation purposes.  I have done yoga a couple times in my life, and as a reliable source, I would say Yoga is the #1 relaxing workout I have ever done.
I would recommend Yoga 100%. Those hectic, crazy scheduled, no rest time days can get very tiring… very fast. Each day seems longer than the other and seems like they will never end. I know after the days I have I feel stressed and ready to lay down and pass out. Instead of ending my day in a lazy way, I like to go to bed feeling good about my day. The only way to do that is stay active throughout the day. I do some Yoga to forget my day and become stress-free.
People who take Yoga classes are found to be more calm, settled, and flexible. My favorite pose that always helps me find comfort is the “Underdog” pose. I myself have had back problems for about 2 years now and haven’t found a way to quite stretch out my back to its full extent. I went to therapy and chiropractor for a good while, until one day my therapist told me to try the “Underdog” to see if it would help my back feel relaxed and not so tight. The moment I did this pose, my back felt relief and stress-free. If you are ever feeling stressed, hurt or just need to take time to yourself. Try some Yoga. It is as simple as doing one pose and breathing in and out slowly. You will immediately feel a difference in yourself and your body. 
The Underdog:


No comments:

Post a Comment