Pages

Popular Now

Friday, January 24, 2014

Outbreak - Week 5 (Briana)

“The Muerte are going to come back and you’re going to be caught in the crossfire.” Those words haunted me for the weeks that came and went by without a sign of another human being. Nearly two months had gone by since those words had been spoken. It felt like all we had been doing was waiting.
            Nothing came. We had been safe for all this time since my uncle had made his return.  I was scared though. I was scared to the core of who I am.  I didn’t know who these Muerte people were or what they did. I couldn’t shake off the feeling that a storm was coming.
            Muerte means “death” in Spanish, which didn’t help my fear, it just intensified the scared shaky feeling. This so-called gang was a gang named death. It sent chills up my spine and left me feeling cold.
            I left Trystan with my uncle reluctantly so I could go on a raid. We were running low on canned goods so I was going to run to the small shopping center. It had a couple of grocery stores that I didn’t think had been wiped out yet.
            As I walked along the sidewalk I heard a sort of clunking sound. It was almost like a huge vehicle breaking down. It was strange and sent the hair on the back of my neck standing up. I moved into the shadows as I crept towards the sound. A Kat bus was siting in the middle of the shopping center. I found it odd enough to find a Kat bus this far up in Sevierville, but honestly the driver was stranger.
            She was yelling at the Treaders calling them, and I quote, “little cannibals”. Okay I get that not everyone called them the same thing but come on! Little cannibals? Jeesh, some people were so weird.

            As I continued to watch her in amusement I realized that they looked oddly familiar. Like really familiar. Exactly like Kara Melvin. The realization dawned on me as I felt my mouth drop open. That was Kara!

No comments:

Post a Comment