Pages

Popular Now

Friday, January 17, 2014

Ask Lucy and Lauren


Dear Lucy,

            I’ve been dating the same boy for almost a year now and over the past few months I’ve grown apart from my friends. People tried to warn me about this happening but I didn’t listen. Him and I recently broke up and I have no one because my friends want nothing to do with me. How can I get my friends back?

                                                                        ~Hurting and Hopeless


Dear hurting and hopeless,

            I’ve had friends who have been in this situation before and I know what it feels like. You have no one to turn to but your friends will come around at some point. You have to look at it from your friends’ perspective, they felt like you wanted nothing to do with them so naturally it’s going to hurt their feelings as well. One thing I’ve learned from going through break ups with my friends is that you have to both be understanding and mature about the situation. Talk to your friends about how you feel and explain to them that you’ve realized you made a mistake. If they’re your true friends they will eventually get over it. It may also help if you throw in an apology.

                                                                        I hope things work out for you!
                                                                                                            ~Lucy


Dear Lucy,

            I really like this girl in my class. Normally it wouldn’t be that big of a deal but for some reason with her I can’t ever find the courage to talk to her. I do fine when we’re in big groups but I can’t ever hold a conversation when it’s just the two of us. She is so outgoing and happy all the time and honestly it’s kind of intimidating because that’s the opposite of how I am. I really want to get to know her and hang out with her but I can’t do that if I can’t even talk to her. Do you have any tips on how I can break the ice with her?

                                                                        ~Loss of words Lucas



Dear Lucas,

            It sounds like you like this girl a lot! I definitely think you should build up the courage to talk to her. I know it’s not always easy and kind of awkward approaching someone you’re crushing but that doesn’t have to keep you from talking to her. You mentioned that she was outgoing and you’re not, they do say opposites attract! Talking to someone who is nothing like you may be really neat and you may even learn things about yourself that you didn’t know before. Outgoing people have a way of bringing people out of their shell. Next time you’re with her just take a deep breath, think about something positive and give it a shot! You’re just talking to her for goodness sake; you have nothing to lose! Once you get comfortable around her maybe you can get a group of your friends together and go see a movie or have a study date! You’ll never know could come out of it if you don’t take a chance!


                                                                                    Best of luck to you!
                                                                                                ~Lucy

No comments:

Post a Comment