Pages

Popular Now

Friday, January 17, 2014

Outbreak week 4 -Trystan


As I make the connection in my head that what is happening is real that this is Bri’s very much alive uncle, he smacks Bri. The smack shakes me out of my stupor of contemplation and go to make a move to help her when she just gives me a weak smile, which warns me. I’m sure that finding her living relative is a huge relief for her and I don’t want to mess it up and make her mad at me or scare her uncle away. Speaking of which, he seems very edgy and looks as if he’s been living in the woods for quite a while. How did he survive? Or a better question who didn’t survive? I’ve known Bri for years and have met a lot of her family and I know that more than one person lived in this house so where are they? Bri is attempting to console her uncle who is feet away from her, which I’m sure is because he hasn’t made contact with anyone for God knows how long. I feel as though they need alone time but there is no way I’m walking away from this for Bri’s sake.
         I snap back to reality to find Bri prodding for information from her uncle about what has been happening the last couple of weeks he has been missing. “They come and they destroy and they take,” her uncle keeps repeating over and over. Bri questions who and why and how and that is his only response as if in a trance. When he won’t answer her questions I see her out of the corner of my turning to me for help and I can’t even imagine what other danger lies out there so I have to know. “Who are they?” I ask in the most stern voice I can muster. Bri’s body slumps and she’s ready to give up and leave it alone when he confesses,  “The Muerte.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment