Pages

Popular Now

Friday, October 3, 2014

Teacher Appreciation Week- Thank you Mrs. Geyer

Trystan Hurst
Editor
                       

            As it is teacher appreciation week, I want to thank a former teacher of mine for helping shape who I am today. I know not to make this some sob story or heartfelt letter, because she never was one for those type of things. But I would like to thank Sarah Geyer for what she helped me accomplish in just the two years I had her as my journalism teacher. Coming into journalism, I was not really sure how to write a news article, or how to be a journalist in the slightest. Now I don’t know anything else I’d rather be. She sat me down and though the class could be a bit chaotic, made myself and other newbies learn the basics. I remember being terrified for my first interview but her telling me how it was something every journalist learned to do and I would catch on eventually. The class was nothing less of intimidating but she made us all feel at home, and though we were students, we could act like ourselves around her. Mrs. Geyer was the first teacher to make me feel comfortable with my writing, even though it took a lot of editing to finally improve it. She helped me through some of my darkest times my freshmen year, and I will be forever thankful to her for that. Thank you Mrs. Geyer, hope you are well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment